As we continue to deal with the ongoing effects of COVID-19 it is more important than ever that we all do our part to observe safe work practices. It is equally important that we all continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing in every part of our lives.
We recognize that it is an especially difficult time for our Technicians who continue to be on the front line providing essential services to the industries that keep goods and services moving. To you, “our first responders” we say thank you and we truly appreciate all that you are doing.
Our Prime Minister recently announced additional financial support to businesses. Liftow remains committed to our employees and we are doing all that we can to minimize any potential financial impact on each of you.
At this time, we are happy to report that no known employee has reported a positive test result.
Our previously communicated business precautions and social distancing guidelines will remain in effect until further notice. A summary of these is outlined below.
All business travel is suspended.
Business meetings must be conducted via telephone or video.
All locations will work with their local cleaners to focus on the sanitization of the office and provide items such as tissues, hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and/or spray for employee use.
Work from home will continue for all employees not considered front-line.
Provide the opportunity for Road Technicians to work in the shop, provided appropriate social distancing guidelines are respected and any other provincial restrictions are followed.
All employees should follow the current travel advisory in place to avoid non-essential travel.
Social Distancing in the Office:
- Reduce group interactions and refer to online tools to encourage employee-friendly interaction (Microsoft Teams, email, phone).
- Limit time in higher traffic areas within the office (Kitchen, Printer, Hallways, and Bathrooms)
- Wash your hands before you go out to lunch or leaving your workspace to protect others, and wash them again after the activity to protect yourself
- Maintain between 1 -2 meter (3 - 6 feet) distance between yourself and others
Remember to Practice Good Hygiene:
- Practice cleaning high-touch surfaces and personal objects frequently with disinfectant (Smartphones, Desk, Workspace, and Keyboards)
- Eliminate handshaking!
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Open doors with your closed fist, elbow or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand unless there is no other way to open the door, especially important on bathroom and commercial doors.
- Use disinfectant wipes when they are available.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at your home and in your car for use when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard or use your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Don’t share stationery such as pens/pencils
- Liftow Ltd.